The Finance department is also represented in each of the six University Colleges and Student Welfare Authority. Financial issues emanating from colleges are conveniently handled by the Bursar's office
The Bursar’s Office in College acts its roles and functions on behalf of the Finance Officer, University of Nairobi.
The Bursar's Office is responsible for the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable of the College.
- Timely and accurate billing and collecting of Student tuition, fees, and other miscellaneous charges.
- Prompt crediting of each student's account.
- Calculating and processing student refunds.
- Preparation of annual financial statements.
- Preparation of the College budget.
- Colege Financial statistics and other related reports.
- Submitting of Management reports to Finance Officer.
By enrolling at University of Nairobi in respective College, a student is accountable to pay all of the charges incurred for a given Semester by the published deadline. Therefore it is imperative that all students become familiar with college policies as well as their payment deadlines. (Available on the University of Nairobi College’s Website and Student Management Information System)