The Corporate Finance office is headed by Mr. John Juma Wanga as the Ag. Finance Officer.
Working with him, are his Deputies:
- Deputy Finance Officer (General) - Incharge of General financial operations.
- Deputy Finance Officer (Revenue)
- Deputy Finance Officer (Expenditure)
- Deputy Finance Officer (SWA) - In charge of SWA financial operations.
- Deputy Director (FIMS) - In charge of Automation processes and operations in the Department
The Corporate Finance Office duties are to oversee :
The Budgetary Process.
Receipting and Recognition of Income.
Financial Advisory Services.
Treasury Management Services.
Financial Reports Accounts and Audit.
Investment Decision Making.
Cash Flow Management.
Professional Recruitment, Development and Placement.
- Determination of appropriate investment opportunities.
- Movement of funds to ensure cost-effectiveness and maximization of returns of funds invested.
- Prioritization of investment projects and opportunities.
- Determination of viable capital project investment opportunities.
- Maximization of benefits arising from foreign transactions and dealings.
- Ensure data is continuously captured and recorded into various books of accounts in
- compliance with the University of Nairobi financial regulations and IFRS;
- Ensure management, statutory and other related reports are prepared as required from time to time;
- Prepare the Annual Report and Accounts in accordance with respective regulatory provisions and
- Submit to Controller and Auditor General, the Accounts of the University within the period stipulated in the University Act and State Corporation Act.
Gandhi Wing, 1st floor, Room 108
+254 020 318262