The Finance department is also represented in each of the six Faculty and Student Welfare Services. Financial issues emanating from faculties are conveniently handled by the Faculty Accountants office
The faculty accountants act on behalf of the Director Finance, University of Nairobi.
The faculty accountant is responsible for the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable of the faculty.
- Timely and accurate billing and collecting of Student tuition, fees, and other miscellaneous charges.
- Prompt crediting of each student's account.
- Calculating and processing student refunds.
- Preparation of annual financial statements.
- Preparation of the faculty budget.
- Colege Financial statistics and other related reports.
- Submitting of Management reports to Director Finance.
By enrolling at University of Nairobi in respective faculties, a student is accountable to pay all of the charges incurred for a given Semester by the published deadline. Therefore it is imperative that all students become familiar with college policies as well as their payment deadlines. (Available on the University of Nairobi faculty Website and Student Management Information System)